Tuesdays will now be known as Tasty Tuesdays… I will share new recipes and some tasty treats, fun facts about food and drinks. I’ll even let you in on some useful tips/secrets to lose weight. Tasty Tuesdays will be one of my FAVOURITE days, as I get to talk about something I truly love. Food!
But first, Let me talk about my exercise plan for this evening, I will be going to the gym for an hour and a half with Dave to work on some cardio and lift some weights. Once I return home, I will stick to my challenge and I will pop that DVD in and get my shred on. Jillian Michaels, you will see my intensity through the TV.
Okay down to business… The newest recipe I have discovered was from one of my pins on Pinterest. The website is Real Simple and they cover a wide array of topics such as home & organizing, beauty & fashion, weddings, family & work and plenty other topics any person can relate to.
It was easy to put together and the preparation time was very minimal. I would recommend this meal to anyone and it’s a quick clean up!
The Ingredients (I didn’t add any olive oil or salt – but that is entirely up to you and your tastes!)
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced and 1 juiced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
* I added chili pepper flakes, roasted garlic flakes and basil to give a little something extra…
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.
Here’s a thirst quencher… TEA
I am a big snacker and I have the perfect trick to stop myself from overeating, especially in the evenings. In the past I was never a big tea drinker but I have discovered David’s Tea while living in Newfoundland and it has totally changed my outlook on life… Oops, I mean tea!
Here are some facts about drinking tea and the benefits they provide for us:
- Tea protects our bones. A study was conducted and compared tea drinkers vs. non-drinkers and it was uncovered that those who drank tea for several years had stronger bones (taking several things into account such as body weight, exercise, smoking and other risk factors.)
- Tea is calorie free – Enough said!
- Tea can help increase ones metabolism. Green tea is known to increase the metabolic rate and can help you burn up to 70 to 80 calories a day, just from consuming several cups of green tea.
- Tea helps prevent cancer. The antioxidants found in tea are known for their cancer-fighting effects.
- Tea is hydrating to the body.
- Tea can boost exercise and endurance. The catechins (antioxidants) in green tea extract increase the body’s ability to burn fat into fuel.
Those are just SOME of the benefits of drinking tea. I encourage you to steep a cup of tea today. Below are two of my favourite teas by David’s Tea.
Since I started Weight Watchers, I have lost a total of 25.3 lbs. A couple weeks ago, Weight Watchers gave me the round medal to add to my 20 lb keychain, if you take note to the Birthday Cake tea picture above. After my meeting, I came home and steeped my Birthday Cakes Rooibos tea and had a little celebration of my own.
For the month of May, I would like to lose 5.5 lbs, to make a total of 30.8 lbs. I have to stick to my clean eating, exercise and have my eye on the prize. Anything is possible, if you want it bad enough.
This musical treat is by Passion Pit, they are an American Indie Rock band from Massachusetts. Their album Gossamer is so uplifting and have fun music to workout to. Their song ‘Where I Come From’ was also featured on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 soundtrack.
I am feeling very generous today, so please enjoy the following two songs by Passion Pit: Take a Walk & Where I Come From.
Don’t forget to follow me: