I’ve compiled three days into one… You ready for this information overload?
I’ve been pinning recipes on Pinterest that I’ve been trying and have fallen in love with this one in particular.
Crunchy Raw Protein Balls
(that’s what she said)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop Raw Protein Powder (or raw protein powder of your choice)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic raw almond butter (or organic peanut butter for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey (or raw organic agave nectar for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup
- pinch pink himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and in a crumbly, paste-type consistency.
- Scoop small spoonfuls and squeeze tightly in the palm of your hands then roll between the palms of your hands into a small ball shape.
- Serve plain, or roll in sesame seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds or chia seeds.
- Refrigerate and they will become firmer.
Check out the Healthy Family and Home blog for more recipe ideas. I cannot take credit for this recipe and it’s amazingness. Protein is filling and this is the perfect snack to munch on when you’re on the go.
I don’t know about you, but I didn’t become overweight because I ate too many vegetables. I gained weight because I like starchy foods such as potatoes. From being an avid pinner I found a solution to my problem. CAULIFLOWER! Instead of me rambling on about how good cauliflower is, let me show you one of the recipes I’ve pinned, tried and LOVED.
Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c panko —–> *I did not use panko or breadcrumbs in mine – but you can if you want
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)
- olive oil —–> *I substituted olive oil with Pam cooking spray
- Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.
- Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
For more delicious recipe ideas, check out A Good Appetite blog where I found this delicious creation.
I missed Wellness Wednesday yesterday and wanted to shed some light on the importance and benefits of drinking water. Two-thirds of North Americans don’t drink enough water. And here are the reasons why you should set the beer/wine aside for a minute and get a good understanding of why water is so important to drink.
- Water is the only liquid on earth that reduces weight. It suppresses your appetite and limits your food intake. Regular water intake increases metabolic rates and improves the digestive system. (If you are bloated or constipated, drinking water may be the solution. Just saying…)
- Drinking enough water can help prevent and combat skin disorders such eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and spots.
- Water removes toxins and waste from our body. Without water or if our bodies lack water, our heart has to make extra effort to pump oxygenated blood to our other organs. This can lead to severe health concerns and issues.
- Drinking water can help prevent headaches and back pain. Staying hydrated is one of the key factors in relieving headaches.
- Research suggests that drinking water is likely to reduce the risks of bladder and colon cancer. Water has the ability to dilute the concentration of cancer-causing agents in urine .
- Brain cells require a balance of water as well as other things, but keeping properly hydrated means your brain will be running at optimum efficiency. With lack of water it affects your focus and memory.
THINGS I LOVE THURSDAY’S
Here are some of the workout challenges I love and will start documenting. I need to burn more calories. Dave’s parents are taking us, his brothers and their girlfriends (one is a soon-to-be wife) on a trip to Mexico and we are leaving in 163 days. I HAVE to get trimmed and toned. It’s crunch-time. Pun intended!
I have a lot of fun blogging and sharing my thoughts and findings with all of you. If there is a topic that you would like me to cover or talk about, please email me at: email@example.com
IF I don’t have the answers, I will do all the research I can and help enlighten all of us together.
I absolutely love the Dixie Chicks and in turn, I love Natalie Maines. She is inspirational and speaks out for what she believes in. If I could see her or the Dixie Chicks in concert, I’d be one happy lady. Her new album Mother is amazing and I highly recommend you have a listen.
Don’t forget to follow me: